We are looking for student workers for the Sustainability Week!
Welcome to apply for the team of students helping us out during the Sustainability Week in Lund, May 15 to 20. We are seeking about 20 students as functionaries and 10 as journalists for all or part of the week. With a large number of conferences and workshops, it is much to be done both before and after the arrangements to make them successful.
20 student functionaries
We are looking for students who would like to help out with things like registration of the conference participants, practical work such as moving tables and chairs, serving refreshments and hanging exhibitions etc.
10 student journalists
We are also seeking 10 student journalists who can photograph, film and/or write about the events during the Sustainability Week, and distribute this via social media and other documentation of the week.
Compensation SEK 125/hour. The number of hours varies according to the possibilities you have to help us, as well as the areas that interest you the most. You will get a unique insight into the work of organizing one of the biggest events during the Lund University 350th anniversary year, and also broaden your network with people both inside and outside the university.
Email jenny [dot] hansson [at] cec [dot] lu [dot] se at Lund University Sustainability Forum as soon as possible, but at the latest 29 April. We apply ongoing recruitment.
In the email, we would like you to enter:
- Your name, address and social security number, the latter needed for the employment contract.
- The programme you are studying at Lund University.
- If you are looking for the position as a student functionary or student journalist.
- Indicate if you want to work all week or only certain days. See the chart below with the arrangements where we mainly need help during the week. It is primarily during daytime, but on Monday’s grand opening program at the City Hall and on Saturday’s
- Sustainability Festival there will also be work in the evening.
- We would also appreciate if you add your size for the official’s T-shirt: XS, S, M, L, XL.
Monday May 15 (Stadshallen)
Approx. 7:30 to 16:30: Bioeconomy Stakeholder Conference (In English).
Approx. 12:30 to 22:00: Grand Opening of the Sustainability Week & Global Goals Café (In English).
Tuesday May 16 (Ekonomihögskolan, Ideon, AF-borgen)
Approx. 8.00–12.30: Hållbart varumärke (In Swedish).
Approx. 8.00–17.30 Fossilfritt Skåne – möjligheter i en modernare morgondag (In Swedish).
Wednesday May 17 (Skissernas)
Ca. 8.15–14.30: Människan i staden – en dag med fokus på hållbar stadsutveckling (In Swedish).
Friday May 19 (Skissernas)
Ca 8.15–13.00: Hållbar mat i ett förändrat klimat (In Swedish).
Saturday May 20 (Stadshallen and Stortorget)
Ca. 8.00–21.00 (divided into two sessions): The Sustainability Festival in Lund with workshops, lectures, shows, eco market etc. (Both Swedish and English).
The Sustainability Week in Lund 2017, May 15 to 20, is part of the Lund University 350th Jubilee. Read more about the Sustainability Week